Opus 2 EL34 Push Pull 15w Triode Stereo Power Amplifier
The Opus 2 Has the same classic EL34 circuit we started using in our first design, The Quintet in 1988. Trusted and loved by customers all over the world, this design has stood the test of time and is still one of our most popular models. The Quintet was once described by Chris Binns as the poor mans Jardis!
The Opus 2 gives you music with a sense of rightness that you don’t really question, you just get on and enjoy it.
Two versions are available.
One for higher power 25 watts (Pentode), the other for optimum sound quality 15 watts (triode). The sound is enticing and the longer you listen to this amp the more you will appreciate its easy grace and effortless musicality.
With 15 watts Triode (low feedback) you need to use speakers around 98 db and above.
With 25 watts Pentode (higher feedback) you will get away with less efficient speakers around 95 db, slightly more dynamic than the triode version with tighter bass, but not quite so musical.
- Power - 15w Triode / 25w Pentode
- Type - Push Pull EL34 Power Tube
- Frequency Response - 4hz to 70,000hz +/- 0.5dB at 1W
- Frequency Response - 20hz to 40,000hz +/- 1.0dB at Full Power
- Input Sensitivity - 500mv
- Input Impedance - 470 KΩ
- Output Impedance - 4Ω and 8Ω
- Noise at Speaker Terminals - Typically <1mv
- Feedback - 0.5dB Triode / 6dB Pentode
- Biasing - Cathode
- Rectifier - Solid State
- Drivers - ECC 82 and ECC 83
This product is made to order in the UK. Delivery typically takes 4-6 Weeks.